Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Running Shoes?? On Vacation??


I've seen this little room many times on my explorations from home. I even entered one once when they had the coffee pot and snack choices located in an adjacent room. 


NEVER and I repeat NEVER have I looked at this room with longing... until now.


Those that know me will tell you that I am extremely organized. Our most recent vacation (the first with our now 2 year old) I spent two weeks planning, packing and making lists. I had new toys for the 9 hour drive. I had snacks galore and even had them separated based on whether they should be eaten in the car or only when we stopped at a rest area. I had our sons clothes packed in zip lock bags so that he could easily help choose his outfit for each day. 

What I did NOT make a list or prepare myself for was the OVERWHELMING desire to enter the little room you see above. I did not even plan to exercise... I was, of course, going on vacation. Doesn't that mean a chance to relax. Take a load off. Not worry (too much) about what you are eating.

Apparently the little running bug that bit me did so hard enough that I wanted to run while on vacation. So instead I looked in with longing and what I am sure the gentleman on the treadmill would declare a crazed look. 

So for next time, running shoes are not a question. As I pack for my next trip I will proudly say...

Running Shoes?  Check. 

No comments:

Post a Comment