Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

I think I can... I think I can...


I've never thought about how long 90 seconds really is until I was staring it in the eye on Week 2 Day 1 of my C25K program. So I decided that I would discover how long it is - at least from my perspective. It is as long as it takes for me to say "I think I can.." 90 times for 5 different segments.
The good news is that for a total of 7.5 minutes I ran without holding on to the treadmill or wondering if I could make it through each segment. A year ago you never could have convinced me that I would be running anywhere much less training to run for a half-marathon. But here I am finding time in my already busy schedule to fit in a running program three times a week. 
There isn't a set time for a running program when you have a two year old running around. So as soon as nap time hits I hit the pavement - or that little piece of plastic that spins round and round. And for a touch of humor today that little piece of plastic decided to stop working but thankfully it wasn't until my cool down. 
So Week 2 Day 1 is behind me - the treadmill is repaired and "I think I can" has turned into "I did!" 

1 comment: